Heating and cooling in residential and industrial sectors accounts for half of the EU’s energy consumption, but more than 80% of this energy is still generated from fossil fuels. Meanwhile, heat losses are also significantly high. This sector needs to be transformed! Hotmaps is a website that allows you to provide within 5 minutes a first estimation of heating and cooling demand in your region and the potentials of local renewable energy to cover this demand. By using more detailed data, thanks to its calculation modules, you can elaborate comprehensive heating and cooling strategies.
During this training you will learn to apply the Hotmaps database and toolbox for developing scenarios for future heating and cooling in your region. The training guides you through the Hotmaps toolchain and you will set up scenarios for a selected region in five steps:
1. Mapping of heat demand and resource potentials
2. Calculation of decentral heat supply costs
3. Calculation of district heating supply costs
4. Calculation of district heating distribution costs
5. Setting up of consistent scenarios for the region